Tuesday 16 April 2013

Scintillating Vilakazi rules out local move


Mmasekepe Matsebane

It has always been a norm in the Absa Premiership that when a player does well at a so-called small team, either he starts craving a big money move to the big three, or the big three use their fat cheque books to entice him.

Bidvest Wits gifted midfielder Sibusiso Vilakazi has been an exception to the rule.

Enforcer: Sibusiso Vilakazi's fearless approach for Bidvest Wits has earned him many followers in the Absa Premiership.
The Clever Boys’ Captain has been in devastating  form this season for the Students and clubs like Kaizer Chiefs and Mamelodi Sundowns have started using their big bank balances to woo him to their set-ups.

Speaking to The Sports Guru Live! ahead of their PSL clash with Platinum Stars tomorrow night, the Soweto born play-maker ruled out any move to a local team, insisting that he only has his eyes on an overseas contract.

“I have been doing well, but I am not one to claim all the credit. My teammates have played a huge role in my maturity as a player. I have heard that there is interest, but for me it is not a big deal because I am happy here at Wits and I am not looking to move anytime soon. If it does happen that I move, I will go to an overseas side.

Wanted: Vilakazi is the man that every team in the Absa Premiership seems to be looking for.
“The team management and the technical staff have done wonderful things for me and I now consider this place my home. Wits fans can rest assured, I am not going anywhere at the end of the season,” said Vilakazi.

Orlando Pirates are currently struggling to retain any of their trophies this season and the once powerful Andile Jali and Oupa Manyisa combination is not yielding much results for Roger de Sa. 

This might prompt the Pirates coach to make advances to lure his former star Vilakazi to the Parktown giants to once again combine with former teammate Lehlogonolo Masalesa in the heart of the Buccaneers midfield.

I want Europe: Sibusiso Vilakazi says he is not interested in a move to local teams. he says the only destination for him would be overseas.
Sundowns also entered the fray last season, offering R6 million for the player, which Wits turned down.
Pitso Mosimane is currently trying to build a new team and having gone on record saying he is analyzing a couple of players, Vilakazi’s name might just pop up and that would mean an even bigger fresh bid for the 23 year old.

Chiefs are also in the lookout for a playmaker as Siphiwe Tshabalala and Siyabonga Nkosi have been disappointing in that role for Stuart Baxter this season.

Vilakazi has been a vital cog in Clive Barker’s team and his recent match saving goal against Moroka Swallows has propelled him into a cult figure at Wits.

“Look, Coach Clive has done well with all the players, but I still feel like I can do more. This is an average performance in my books. I need to score more goals and drive the team more.

"He has influenced us in a good way and I believe I should push harder. He gave me confidence and now I am enjoying my football,” said Vilakazi.

mokgalakamo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment